Rehab Specialties of Connecticut provides Aging in place home remodeling in Fairfield, CT, which involves making modifications or renovations to a home to enable senior citizens to live independently and comfortably in their own homes as they age. This type of remodeling is becoming increasingly popular, as many older adults prefer to remain in their homes as they grow older rather than move to an assisted living facility or nursing home.
Interior & Exterior Remodeling for Aging in Place in Fairfield, CT
Interested in beginning an interior design build project to age in place? The experts at Rehab Specialties of Connecticut are to assist you. Give us a call today at (203) 606-8975 for more information on our aging in place remodeling services. Some common modifications or upgrades that can be made to a home to enable aging in place include:
- Installing grab bars and handrails: These are essential safety features that can be installed in bathrooms, showers, and other areas to prevent falls and provide support.
- Widening doorways: Making doorways wider can make it easier for seniors to navigate their homes, especially if they use mobility aids such as wheelchairs or walkers.
- Installing non-slip flooring: This can reduce the risk of falls and make it easier for seniors to move around their homes safely.
- Upgrading lighting: Improved lighting can make it easier for seniors to see and navigate their homes, especially if they have vision problems.
- Installing a walk-in shower or bathtub: These can be safer and more comfortable for seniors who have difficulty getting in and out of a traditional bathtub.
- Adding a stairlift: For homes with multiple levels, adding a stairlift can make it easier for seniors to access different floors of their home.
There are many other modifications that can be made to a home to enable aging in place, such as Wheelchair Ramps & Modular Ramp Systems and the specific modifications needed can be customized to best suit your needs and budget. Remodeling your home for disability or age is a reequipment for many homeowners in the Fairfield area.. The design build experts at Rehab Specialties of Connecticut will walk you through the entire process and listen to your specific needs. Give us a call today at (203) 606-8975 to schedule your aging in place remodel today!